David W. Holaday, ChFC, CAP
David Holaday has over 28 years of experience as a financial consultant. He is the founder and Managing Member of Wealth Design Consultants, LLC, which offers case design, analysis, and presentation services to organizations and individuals that serve high net worth clients. Clients of the firm include lawyers, financial advisors, family offices and charities. He has a national reputation for developing unique and comprehensive solutions for complex family situations and often collaborates with the client's existing tax, legal, insurance, and investment advisors. Previously he co-founded and later sold The Wealth Design Center (a technology, training, and consulting firm) to a publicly traded company. Dave also served as Director of Intellectual Property at Renaissance Inc., an Indianapolis-based provider of charitable consulting and trust administration services.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual wealth transfer strategies
- Insurance and estate tax planning
- Business succession planning
- Wealth preservation and diversification
- Cash flow planning and integrated financial forecasts
- Planned gift design and marketing
- Family foundations
Articles and Publications
- Provides consulting on wealth transfer, estate tax, and philanthropic strategies to professional advisors across the nation.
- Provided back-office comprehensive estate design and client presentation services for over 500 family situations involving over $5 billion in assets.
- Created technology solutions to aggregate and integrate client financial, estate, tax, and cash flow information and licensed the technology to top planning firms across the nation.
- Created business processes and support systems for wealth advisors and offered these through seminars across the nation.
- Provides charitable and estate planning consulting services on behalf of charitable organizations to major donors.
Education and Professional Involvement
- Holaday, David. "Income Tax by Marc Hoffman." www.pgdc.com. Planned Giving Design Center, 11 Feb. 2013
- Holaday, David and John A. Warnick. "Getting "Buy In" to Develop a Collaborative Advisor Team." Trust & Estates February (2013).
- Holaday, David. "Case Study: A Family Business Succession Plan with Zero Estate Tax and a Large Charitable Bequest." www.pgdc.com. Planned Giving Design Center, 18 Oct. 2012.
- Holaday, David. "Case Study: Keeping a Treasured Residence in the Family." www.pgdc.com. Planned Giving Design Center, 13 Aug. 2012.
- Holaday, David. "Better Results Through Better Collaboration." Journal of Practical Estate Planning. April/May (2010): 19-26, 48.
- Goldstein, Allan, Leigh Harter and David Holaday. "Sell Your Policy?" Trust & Estates September (2006). 24-28.
- Holaday, David, "Exit Plans for Financed Life Insurance: Preparing to "Cross that Bridge" Before Coming to It." Journal of Practical Estate Planning. August/September (2006): 27-36.
- Holaday, David and Rodney Piercey. "Combining Life Insurance and Annuity Policies to Create a Financial Engine for a Nongrantor CLAT." Journal of Practical Estate Planning. August/September (2004): 31-39.
- Holaday, David. "Charity-Owned Life Insurance and Investment Capital: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly." Journal of Practical Estate Planning. October/November (2004): 73-81.
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP), American College, 2011
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), American College, 1994
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, 1976
- Member Planned Giving Group of Indiana (Past President)
- Member International Association for Advisors in Philanthropy
- Member Kingdom Advisors
- Member Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
- Member The Heritage Institute
- Member Advisors in Philanthropy
- Member Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Member Million Dollar Round Table
- FPA of Greater Kansas City Midwest Regional Advanced Planners Conference – May 2013
- AiP Conference – April 2013
- Zero Tax Planning Round Table – April 2013
- Logos Evangelical Seminary "Sustaining Family Wealth and Unity Across Generations" February 2013
- The Stewardship Alliance "Phase-out of Itemized Deductions" February 2013
- Laureate Center for Wealth Advisors "Strategy Selection & Design Book Creation" November 2012
- Willow Creek Summit – August 2012
- Kalamazoo Community Foundation Advisors "Sustaining Family Wealth and Unity Across Generations" July 2012
- Kalamazoo Community Foundation "Sustaining Family Wealth and Unity Across Generations" April 2012
- The Legacy Companies "Improving Client Results through Advisor Team Collaboration" March 2012
- The Gathering "Zero Tax Planning" February 2012
- Allegis Advisor Group "Income and Wealth Transfer Strategies" September 2011
- Advisors in Philanthropy "Better Results through Better Collaboration" August 2011
- MDRT "Create an Economic Engine with Life Insurance and Immediate Annuities" June 2011
- LSI Seminary – November 2010
- Indianapolis Estate Planning Council "Zero Tax Planning" November 2010
- Zero Tax Planning – October 2010
- NNEPA "Zero Tax Planning" September 2010
- The Laureate Program "Lessons from the Trenches" November 2008
- 4th Annual Advisors Conference – October 2008
- Logos Evangelical Seminary "Practical Stewardship Principals" January 2008
- The Fuller Foundation "Asset Management" January 2008
- NAPFA "Charitable Estate Planning Case History" May 2007
- Logos Evangelical Seminary "Practical Stewardship Principals" January 2007
- Legacy Wealth Coach "Planning for High Net Worth Clients" November 2005
- Advisors in Philanthropy "Lessons Learned in Planning Large Estates" September 2005
- Boston Group Symposium "The Income Tax Conversion Strategy" September 2005
- Boston Study Group "Ten Ways to Use Annuity Arbitrage" April 2004